January 8, 2015

You are here:
Don’t Forget Your Dryer Vent!

This picture was sent to us by Franchisee and Qualified Sweep Garett Kofahl in Boulder, Colorado! This is a perfect example of a huge fire risk silently building in the home! In 1999 the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (USCPC) developed a report called the “Report on Electric and Gas Clothes Dryers.” In that report they determined that of the 15,000 fires studied in one year, electric dryers were over 2.5 times more likely to be the cause of the fire than gas dryers.

Read article
Chimney Fire in New Jersey!

MANCHESTER —A Manchester home was damaged after a fire broke out at the chimney, authorities said on Wednesday.. The Wilbur Drive home was unoccupied when police officers arrived at the scene at 11:15 p.m. on Tuesday, said Manchester police Capt. Lisa Parker. Parker said that when officers Vincent DeRome and Keith Craig arrived at the house, they saw smoke coming from the two-story home. Within a short time, they saw flames coming from the wood-frame chimney, Parker said.

Read article