Chimney Fire in New Jersey!



MANCHESTER —A Manchester home was damaged after a fire broke out at the chimney, authorities said on Wednesday..

The Wilbur Drive home was unoccupied when police officers arrived at the scene at 11:15 p.m. on Tuesday, said Manchester police Capt. Lisa Parker.

Parker said that when officers Vincent DeRome and Keith Craig arrived at the house, they saw smoke coming from the two-story home. Within a short time, they saw flames coming from the wood-frame chimney, Parker said.

After confirming the house was unoccupied, the tried to put out the blaze with fire extinguishers, Parker said.

Fire Companies from Ridgeway, Manchester, and Whiting responded and extinguished the blaze, Parker said. She said the house sustained damage to the chimney, master bedroom and roof. The township’s building inspector declared the house to be barely habitable and the owners were not allowed to go in until it was deemed safe, she said.

The fire is not considered to be suspicious and its cause is under investigation by Deputy Ocean County Fire Marshal John Pasola and Manchester Township Police Detective Christopher Hemhauser, Parker said. Chimney Fire in New Jersey.

Don’t wait! Chimney Fires are a real threat! Inspect and sweep yearly! Call 844-SWEEP-NOW

Social Shares

Schedule An Appointment Now

Find the nearest Midtown Chimney Sweep Professional