Midtown Chimney Sweeps of Basking Ridge is proud to call New Jersey home.
The area of Basking Ridge, New Jersey, on the eastern seaboard of the US, was originally settled in the 1720’s by British Presbyterians escaping religious persecution. The actual land was bought from the Lenape Native Americans around the same time.
Bernards Township was officially chartered 16 years before the American Revolution on May 21, 1760, and granted by King George II to Sir Francis Bernard, the first governor of Basking Ridge. After the Revolution began, another memorable event occurred in Basking Ridge, NJ. On the morning of December 15, 1776, General Charles Lee was captured by the British at Widow White’s tavern. Lee had ranked next to Washington in command. The downtown area of Bernards Township, known as Basking Ridge, was added to the New Jersey and National Registries as a Historic District in 1974. If you like history, then you will enjoy talking with our Basking Ridge chimney sweep franchise owner, Kurt Matthews!
Midtown Chimney Sweeps – Basking Ridge
Here in the beautiful borough of Basking Ridge, New Jersey, we have plenty to be thankful for! Whether it’s our quaint country feel or beautiful scenery, we really have got it made. Sitting by our cozy fireplaces, we can relax and appreciate everything around us. Midtown Chimney Sweeps of Basking Ridge loves the ambience that the fireplace creates to enhance your relaxation, and we want to assist by providing you with services to keep your fireplace suitable for this use. Whether it’s inspecting, cleaning, or repairing your unit, we are the team for the job!
Chimney Cleaning and Inspection in Basking Ridge, New Jersey
We do not get the extreme temperatures that other parts of the states do, but that does not mean our joy of fireplaces is any different. Midtown is your partner to keep your wood or gas stove or fireplace clean and ready to start up! We clean and inspect all types of units with different fuel types: wood, gas, and pellet. Having an issue with your furnace flue? We can clean that, too!
Fireplace Inspection around Basking Ridge, NJ
Even if you might think that your fireplace is clean, national standards indicate that you are to have your fireplace inspected on an annual basis. Many Home Owner Associations (HOAs) in the Basking Ridge area require annual inspections because of this. In this case we recommend a Level I inspection- this is your annual chimney check-up, much like a regular doctor’s visit physical. A lot can happen to your unit in a year; call on the chimney professionals at Midtown Chimney to diagnose the health of your unit!
Fireplace Repair and Maintenance near Bernardsville and Osborn Mills, NJ
Please do not be fooled by our name; we do much more than sweep chimneys!
- Gas Fireplaces: Do you have an issue with your gas fireplace staying on? Need your pilot light started for the season? Perhaps there is a nest at the exhaust termination that needs to be properly removed and cleared away?
- Pellet stoves and inserts. Is your pellet stove not providing the warm air like it used to? We can diagnose the problem you may be having to determine the source of the issue and get you solutions for repair.
- Brick chimneys need linings too. Rain and moisture mix with carbon and sulfur residues to produce a light H2SO4 (sulfuric acid) which tears up mortar joints and deteriorates brick and clay. We have a great solution for that- Heatshield or Fireguard ceramic lining for the inside of the flue! Ask your technician when he comes out, or call our office or click here: Heatshield Relining of Masonry Flues.
- Furnace and boiler flue relining. Furnaces and boilers, powered by the burning of natural gas, liquid propane, coal, or wood, or home heating oil, all produce rather unpleasant exhaust that needs to draft up a sealed flue to the outside world. When a furnace flue becomes blocked or deteriorated so that it can no longer contain the byproducts of combustion, then it must be relined, repaired, or replaced. We believe that quality stainless steel liners are just the thing for this scenario, and we have you covered in this department.
- Fireplace installation. While we specialize in installing wood burning inserts into masonry fireboxes, and attaching full length liners, we may also do a pellet insert or a gas insert if conditions and county licensing permits. Please contact us today to learn more!
We want your scheduling experience to be top-notch. With that in mind, we offer a seamless, efficient online scheduler so that you can review our services and get scheduled in no time. Enter your zip code, and away you go! If you have experiencing issues with your fireplace, you can always schedule for a technician to come out for an inspection, at which time he can thoroughly examine you chimney or fireplace and give you a rundown of what needs repairing.
For the digitally faint-of-heart, never fear! Give us a call during our convenient hours, and we will be more than happy to assist you with your needs.