Attention: This location is temporarily closed
We apologize for any inconvenience. We will see you soon!
Midtown Chimney Sweeps is proud to serve the wonderful township of Oakford, Pennsylvania. The best things in life are found at home, with loved ones surrounding us, creating meaningful memories that last a lifetime. We appreciate the beauty and ambience that the fireplace creates in homes across our nation, but are especially interested in keeping our local fireplaces clean and suitable for use. Consider us for chimney sweeping and repairs, or other fireplace- related services!
Chimney Sweeps in Oakford, PA
The core of our services is chimney sweeping, a centuries-old practice in which a chimney professional removes soot from the chimney flue. A family that uses their fireplaces or stoves regularly should arrange to have those heating units cleaned annually. When you receive annual cleaning, you ensure that smoke will easily travel up and out of your chimney. Not to mention, you prevent a chimney fire from happening at your house.
Chimney Inspection in Your Area
You may not use your fireplace all that often, but it is still a good idea to have it checked regularly. In fact, the National Fire Protection Association states that you should have your unit inspected annually. Think of it like your wellness check-up for your child. These regular doctor’s visits are preventative care. The same goes for your fireplace: it’s a good idea to have it checked out regularly to make sure that everything is fine and suitable for use.
Types of Chimney and Fireplace Inspections
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has identified 3 different types of chimney inspections:
- Level I Chimney Inspection
- This is an annual inspection that is completed every time we perform a chimney sweep. This inspection consists of a thorough visual scan of any readily accessible portions of the chimney, appliance and connector pipes.
- Level II Chimney Inspection
- This is a more thorough inspection, required for all real estate transactions. It is also mandated the fuel type for a fireplace changes, or any structural damage has occurred to the home (such as a chimney fire). A Level II inspection requires that the technician access the roof, and that a live scan video of the flue be performed.
- Level III Chimney Construction Inspection
- This is the most thorough and invasive of chimney inspections. It requires the demolition or removal of building materials in order to allow the expert to gain access to the portion of the chimney that needs further discovery.
Greater Pennsylvania Chimney Repair
While inspected your chimney, we can evaluate the overall condition of your unit and provide you with information on how you can sustain the life of your chimney with an assortment of updates and repairs we can provide:
- Solution can be applied to the crown, flashing, and chimney to prevent leaking and water damage, sustaining the longevity of your chimney.
- Mortar repairs can be made in the firebox and on your chimney.
Gas Fireplace Repair and Service Near Oakford, PA
Please remember that even though your gas fireplace burns clean and efficiently, not releasing the same particulates as a wood burning fireplace, it is still in need of service and regular inspection. After all, being certain that your gas fireplace is venting all of that poisonous carbon monoxide out of your home is no small matter! Have your unit inspected and serviced by us for peace of mind.
Clothes Dryer Vent Cleaning in West Chester, PA
Another component of your home that should be cleaned is your dryer vent. A clogged dryer vent affects how efficient your unit works, and in extreme cases can even cause fires in your home! If your unit seems to be taking longer to dry clothes than usual or getting some unusual and unpleasant odors in you clothing, then it’s likely time to schedule a dryer vent cleaning with us.
Scheduling An Appointment
We take pride in being honest and ethical with our clients. We invite you to give us a call to get some good information on what service you may need. Our representatives are eager to assist you with your needs. For your convenience, we also provide you with the option of booking a chimney sweep online. Our online scheduler provides you with all of the information necessary for you to determine and schedule the service that you require. Whichever option you choose, we hope to hear from you soon!