Most people know that the summers in Pueblo, CO are beautiful, particularly for those who love the outdoors. On the other hand, the winters can be harsh. It is also important for everyone to make sure they keep warm with a wood-burning fireplace. If you are looking for someone to take care of this fireplace, you should rely on the professional services of Midtown Chimney Sweeps of Pueblo, CO.
An Efficient Chimney Cleaning Service Provided by Trained Professionals
One of the basic services that we provide is chimney cleaning. Our trained professionals will come to your house and remove the soot from the flue using brushes with stiff bristles. Then, we will vacuum up the soot with industry-leading vacuums. It is essential for everyone homeowner to invest in annual flue cleaning to keep fireplaces and wood stoves burning efficiently. This ensures that gases flow properly, keeping utility bills low. It also ensures that the fireplace and stove burn safely, preventing a disaster from happening.
Fireplace Cleaning Services
In addition, we also provide convenient fireplace cleaning services. The firebox (or burn chamber) is where you burn wood in your fireplace. This portion is designed to stand up to the heat of a flame that burns continuously. Usually, your firebox is lined with panels and bricks to make sure it remains intact, burning wood safely and efficiently. Even wooden stoves are usually lined with bricks. All of our technicians carry a steady supply of bricks that are designed to fix degrading fireboxes. Rely on us to keep your firebox safe, clean, and intact.
The focus of our service is proper chimney maintenance, including regular sweeping. We perform annual level 1 inspections for each chimney that we clean. All of our chimney sweepers have been certified by a third-party agency. They undergo thorough testing and training to become Certified Chimney Professionals. This certification demonstrates that you can count on our technicians to perform their job quickly, safely, and efficiently regardless of whether you want to call us during the gorgeous summer or our busy fall season. Make sure that your chimney is inspected before the temperatures drop in Pueblo, CO.
Chimney Repairs in Pueblo
We know that your chimney might need to be repaired from time to time. Some of the most common repairs that we offer include:
- Chimney repairs at the crown or top of the flue
- Replacing mortar around the firebox
- Tuck-pointing of the chimney above the roof to seal it
Count on our Midtown Chimney Sweeps to keep your chimney intact and safe.
Fireplace Repairs in Pueblo
We can also handle fireplace repairs. Sometimes, the soot mixes with falling rain, particularly if there isn’t a chimney cap. When this happens, acid forms and it can degrade the mortar inside of the chimney. That is why we provide fireplace repairs and carry chimney caps that can protect your flue! If you need fireplace repairs in Pueblo, call us for help!
Dryer Vent Cleaning Services in Pueblo
There are thousands of fires that take place every year due to issues with dryer vents. If lint combines with your electrical elements, this could lead to a fire. Make sure that you have your dryer vent inspected annually. Ensure that your plastic flexible connectors are replaced with semi-rigid aluminum products that are up to code.
Gas Fireplace Services
We also provide gas fireplace inspections. They should be inspected annually based on instructions from the manufacturer. Some of the parts that must be inspected include
- Removing and cleaning the glass door
- Opening and cleaning the convection air chamber
- Cleaning the gas logs
- Checking the main burner for cracks and deterioration.
Rely on us to inspect your gas fireplace regularly.
Contact Us Today to Learn More!
At Midtown Chimney Sweeps of Pueblo, we are here to make sure that your home is safe. Count on us for chimney and fireplace repairs and inspections. Contact us today to lear more about how we can help you!
We Fix Leaky Chimneys
A common chimney repair for our technicians is that of providing water protection on the exterior surfaces of the fireplace or chimney. We can fix leaky chimneys. Our suite of water-resistant membranes and coatings can be applied on moist surfaces and only 4 hours before a rainstorm.
- Crown Coat seals the top of a concrete and brick chimney with a rubberized barrier.
- Chimney Saver seals the moisture from entering the sides of brick and stone chimneys.
- Flash Seal repairs and strengthens the roof-to-chimney junction flashing area to keep out water.
Quick-drying and effective, our chimney protection and leak-fighting solutions are gaining popularity from Seattle, Washington to Central Iowa, wherever the need arises. If your leaky chimney needs a repair, call our friendly staff and schedule a service call for a courteous Midtown Chimney Sweeps technician today!
Types of Chimney Inspections We Offer
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recognizes 3 levels of fireplace and chimney inspections. The three inspection levels increase in their thoroughness as the numbers increase; in other words, Level II inspections are more involved than a Level I inspection, and Level III is more involved than a Level II chimney inspection. The following are brief descriptions of the different types of fireplace and chimney inspections that all Certified Chimney Professionals offer.
- Level I Chimney Inspection
- This is your annual chimney inspection performed with every chimney sweep. Level 1 inspections satisfy the annual inspection requirement per NFPA 14.2. It is a thorough visual scan of all readily accessible portions of the chimney, appliance and connector pipes. These requirements are clearly stated in NFPA 14.2 “Annual Inspection. Chimneys, fireplaces, and vents shall be inspected at least once a year per the requirements of Section 15.2.”Our courteous scheduling center is ready to provide you an emailed quote for the price of your annual chimney inspection. When you call in or email us, make sure you mention how your heard about us!
- Level II Chimney Inspection
- This is a more invasive inspection that requires the technician to inspect all accessible portions of the chimney, appliance and flue. This is required for all real estate professionals and property managers who are managing a home sale or transaction. When a residence changes ownership the fuel type changes, or any structural damage has occurred to the home, a Level II Inspection should be ordered. A Level II inspection requires roof access, and a live scan video of the inside of the flue. The video camera inspection is helpful to the technician to identify debris, soot buildup, and damaged flue tiles or chimney pipes. This is required by the NFPA 211 for new homeowners as well as property managers (when property ownership changes) and realtors doing escrow or home sale contracts. Our friendly office staff will quote you a price over the phone for a Level II chimney inspection. Make sure to have your promo code or coupon ready if you have one!
- Level III Chimney Inspection
- This is the most invasive chimney inspection recognized by the NFPA 211. It requires the removal of bricks, drywall, or other building materials in order to allow the technician to gain access to the area that needs inspection. We do not quote these prices over the phone due to the unique nature of each job. So let’s start with a Level I chimney inspection and see if you need anything more than that first!